Vehicle & Safety Inspection
Korea Advanced Vehicle Inspection R&D Center
Background and purpose
- Develop and spread technologies for inspecting future
- Reinforce the responsibility of safety with advancing
automobile inspection technologies.
- Realize a public-valued automobile inspection system by
forming a new industry ecosystem for industries, universities, and
- Cultivate high-tech automobile experts to create jobs.
Discovery and Research of National Development Project
- Develop inspection technologies of future automobiles.
- Research automobile emissions testing.
- Develop testing standards and methods.
- Research better testing quality, stability, and
- Develop and supply automobile inspection practice manuals.
- Disclose automobile inspection results, and develop a
consumer report service.
- Perform external and joint research.
- Survey advanced automobile inspection systems,
technologies, and devices.
Development of High-Techs
- Improve inspection course and business processes.
- Develop inspection devices based on wireless and mobile
- Develop high-tech devices based on artificial
intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Develop inspection devices of future automobiles.
- Run a living laboratory connected to smaller
- Developed the data-based Korea Automobile Diagnosis
Integrated System (KADIS).
- Developed KANET Plus, a sensor-integrated mobile
- Gather, analyze, and apply inspection data and manage
- Develop big data-based new services.
Automobile Technology Education
- Train the automobile inspector workforce on tuning,
compressed natural gas (CNG), hydrogen, etc., and manage their
- Develop and operate education programs for automobile
management business, such as trade, maintenance, scrap a car, and
- Develop and operate new education programs for
eco-friendly and self-driving automobiles.
- Provide an education to policemen and traffic officials.
- Research and develop concerning international
harmonization (CITA) and overseas cooperation (ODA, EDCF and PPP).
- Share advanced technologies, and push for public diplomacy
for developing countries as an aspect of automobile inspection.
- Gain a foothold to enter into foreign markets for
automobile inspection business.